Saturday, March 27, 2010

Disagreements

Of late, I've had a couple of disagreements with her. I don't know what had led to this. I feel that we are both so emotionally involved that it's scary. From what I understand or perceive, she feels that I don't know her well enough and that she knows me better than I know her. I am at a loss. I've had this same feeling with you. I see so many similarities between you and her that I am afraid and concerned, both professionally and personally. Hopefully the "distance" will do me good and set the objectivity back in. I am definitely more objective with her than with you. However I am afraid that I am seeing through things with coloured lenses.

The first disagreement, she was really really upset by what I'd said. It went along the line whereby "You still don't know me? You should know that I wouldn't do that." I had asked directly if she was upset and I could tell she was emotionally affected.

The second disagreement was a whole lot worse. What a huge misunderstanding ! I gave her a piece of my mind over the phone and the next day. She felt that I didn't understand her. She felt that I should have known what exactly she'd meant. It definitely threw both of us off. She knew what exactly I'd meant and my perspective. She felt that I didn't see her perspective. I don't know. When she'd said "It shows how much I know you. It shows how much we know each other." I was stunned when I heard this. At this point, I could sense her tone softening. My heart ached when I heard that. It was very similar with you.

There were many points of exasperation during the second disagreement. Nowadays she refuses to explain more or share more. I don't know. Sometimes it feels so different. Perhaps she wants to distance herself away from me. I had asked for clarifications and she refused to explain further.

I have gotten too close too fast with her. I don't know what this is leading up to.

Please give me the strength to do the right thing at the right time.

No comments: