Saturday, May 22, 2010

Persistence

Persistence ... A word that I dislike very much. It is something truly difficult for me. The minute something challenging comes up, the first thing that comes to mind is to walk or run away from it. I had asked for signs if this is something I should continue with. The talk on Wednesday morning pointed me in the direction that diamonds are created after being under much pressure. Another colleague shared with me her past working experiences and her reasons for leaving her other jobs. Her reasons made sense.

I was reflecting upon my reasons to leave. They no longer made sense. I want to make a difference. I want to be at the fore-front of ground-breaking technology. However, when the opportunity presented itself, the first thing that came to mind is that it will be too tough. It will be impossible. And there is no way I could continue working like this as expectations were too high and ridiculous. When I thought about it deeper, companies like Apple came out with radical gadgets that's taking the world by storm. I am sure it was not an easy path either.

I know my dear friend was trying to cheer me up that day. Yet I shut her out. She kept persisting a few days later to make sure that I was all right. I am truly thankful for that.

I had received good news that PML was accepted for oral presentation at ACCP ! How cool is that ! When my dear friend SMSed me, I was really touched. I need to reflect on my life more often. I have come a long way. I am also relieved that PML was accepted. I was so so afraid that I'd screwed up this project really badly. I need to be more confident. I am not that bad.

I have a great and wonderful boss. The senior management is also thinking of the right track. Their ideas and vision make sense. I know it will not be easy but greatness don't come easily.

Last but not least, I have many superb friends who have stood by me through thick and thin. I know I have their support.

No comments: