Sunday, December 28, 2008

2008 is coming to an end

In a matter of a few days, 2008 will end. It has not been an easy year for me. It has been full of ups and downs. I saw my dream and hard work go up in smoke in a short period of time. It was not within my control as it was decided by higher powers. In order to preserve my sanity, I had to cut off contact completely with the past as well. I was doing it in phases thinking I could manage. Those close to me said to me that it may not be possible. I wanted to prove them wrong. In the end, I suffered for not listening. I have just started on my journey of complete cut-off. I do get withdrawal symptoms once in a while. Of late, each time I turn around, when I see anyone who resembles you in the slightest bit, my heart races. Somehow the tenderness still feels raw within me.

I am grateful for the many blessings this year. Such wonderful treasures that I have. I know who are my true friends who will stand by me in tough times. My family has been wonderful and I am closer to my siblings now. My health is good. My job is secure. In such gloomy times, each of these blessings make life better.

I have one thing left. To let go of the past. That will make everything complete.

No comments: