Sunday, December 7, 2008

Standard Chartered Half Marathon 2008

I was so nervous, excited and scared all at the same time for this. I was really worried that I will take really long to complete it. I had difficulty falling asleep too. In the end, I'd only gotten a few hours of sleep. I have no idea how I'd managed to wake up and drive and go for this. It was an interesting start. Had jogged with 001. Was supposed to pace her. It had been fun jogging with 001. Before the half-way point, as my stamina had plummeted, had asked 001 to go ahead first. I couldn't psyche myself into going further. I felt that I had gone my furthest already. The reason for this lack of stamina is due to the lack of training. I should have trained more often and regularly. Oh well, too late now. At least, it's not as if my life or future depended on this.

Now I have to nurse the aching feet, knee and back.

I am glad to have been given the opportunity to jog with 001. Even though, I couldn't keep up and go to the end with 001, it had been fun every single step of the way!

No comments: