Sunday, May 24, 2009

Analogy to quit smoking

I find my predicament so analogous to quit smoking .. I need to find a date to decide to quit and focus on that. Get rid of everything that reminds me of you. The nicotine patches will be work, family and friends. I am almost there. Almost. It is within grasp. Even my dear friend was confident that I would have gotten over it by now ... I blame the flowers.

I need to remember that things happen for a good reason. It was a good thing that you didnt stay on. Had you stayed, I would have lost things that matter to me - my friends, my family and my work. I am so sure of it. I was so blinded by you that nothing else mattered. You were the centre of my universe.

I know that you are also in a better place. I know that you weren't too happy either. It's a win-win situation. You're happy and I'm better off without you in my life.

I need to cut off total contact for AT LEAST one year or two .. I know that it is not determined by the duration. I need to stop thinking about wanting to look you up tomorrow. If we happen to meet, that is by chance. Nothing I can do about that.

No comments: