Saturday, November 1, 2008

GE 2008 vs 2007

GE 2007
>- was overcoming internal struggle
>- you, me and another friend were supposed to have gone for it together
>- however you were unwell and you did not go in the end
>- I had a hard time completing the 5km jog and without the support and encouragement from a wonderful friend, there was no way I could have done it. I took a long time to complete it as well

GE 2008
>- still overcoming the internal struggle but it feels less painful now
>- went on my own even though met 2 new friends at the start line :)
>- I suspect you were there also but am not sure. I don't know if it is good or bad that I didn't see you. I guess it is a good thing. I may have either crumbled there or later upon seeing you
>- completed the 10km jog on my own despite the obstacles such as few hours of sleep, laces came undone for one of the shoes, fatigue, voice in my head telling me to just quit
>- completed the 10km a little more easily than the 5km and I took less time per 5km jog as compared to last year
>- my timing has improved. Yay!!! :)

What a vast difference the one year has been. I have indeed come a long way in this. In 20 years of my life, there was no way I could have jogged non stop for more than 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, I would have just given up. However look at me now. I have done two 10km jog this year and am preparing for the big 20km at the end of the year. I have also improved in my timing and am a little faster. I am also able to do it on my own too. What a difference.

I am glad for this change and in being able to do this on my own, without you around. I don't deny that it is nice having you around. Nonetheless, I remembered being angry and scared when you were jogging with me, afraid that I am letting you down and angry that you are no longer around as much I would like you to be. I need to do this more often on my own to have the inner peace within me.

I am thankful for the improvements that I have accomplished so far :)

No comments: